Thanks for helping out!!!
The following is a list of things coordinators probably want to do.
The list is sort of long, but it really isn't that much to do. The biggest hassle
is typing up the results, but that shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
I apologize for typographical errors -- the generating of this list was somewhat
Things to bring
- small stickers for rider stems
- markers for numbers
- pens for entry forms
- copies of all forms available on
- carbohydrates of choice
- drinking water
- a high quality camera, preferably digital, if you wish
During the Event
Go to finish.
Take times -- write down rider number, time, and if there is time, a word or two
describing the bike or the jersey in case the number was incorrect.
Check that all riders have one and only one finishing time. It is good
to check riders off from the registration list during lulls in the finishing
- return riders:
- fill out only "Weekly" form -- fill in
rider number and team number.
- payment: $3, or $2 if they have ordered a T-shirt. Free if they
are a coordinator for one of the weeks!
- first-time riders:
- new rider form: this assigns the rider a number, and associates
him with a category number and sex and URL (optional).
There is also space for category and team.
- all-riders form: this registers the rider number and team number with
the week's event. Please remind riders to put down numbers,
and not names, of themselves and their teams. Put a "-"
in for the team if the rider is continuing on the team
specified from the last week or as specified on the
new rider form he filled out.
- release form: It is important this is signed, obviously
- payment: $3. Free if they are a coordinator for one of the weeks!
- to change previous registered info on a team, rider, or cat:
Fill out the appropriate form as if it was a first-time team, rider,
After the Event
- Type the results: The results are needed in tabular form. The format
is very important. Tables are needed as follows:
- New Teams: This list describes teams which have not participated
in any previous Hillclimbs. The membership isn't needed -- that
is taken care of in the week's registration list. The following
example shows the format whoich should be used. No spaces should be
found within fields, only between fields. Note the numbering begins
with the integer one greater than the integer of the last team which
registered prior to the current week. "url" is contact info
on the web, if it exists. It can also be of the form
"mailto:email-address@host". Don't worry if the columns
don't line up nicely, as long as they are separated by spaces or tabs:
num name url
15 Garden_City_Cyclists -
16 Sunnyvale-Cupertino_CC http://www.ncnca.org/sponsor.html
17 Mako-Silks -
18 Genentech -
19 Fremont_Freewheelers_BC http://home.earthlink.net/~mpolakoff/
20 Saturn http://www.saturncars.com/Mag/Cycling/
- New Categories: This is similar to the new teams table, except
it is for categories. An example follows. Again, don't worry
about pretty formatting -- the results program doesn't care,
as long as columns are space or tab-separated.
num name url
46 recumbent -
47 fried -
48 180lb+ -
49 just_make_it_to_the_top -
- New Riders: Same story as teams and cats, just different
only riders who had never before this year done a Low-Key Hillclimb
need be listed. Please, no spaces in names -- use "_" instead.
num sex cat name url
21 F 11 Jaremizuh,Connie -
22 M 6 Chung,Mark -
23 M 6 Pereira,Lucas -
24 M 6 Alafouzos,John -
25 F 10 Hackell,Stella mailto:stella@apple,com
26 M 5 Axelrod,Valery -
27 M 5 Begley,Brian mailto:bbegley@MEM.po.com
- Weekly rider list: Finally, this is the list of those who participated in
the week's event. The order doesn't matter, as long as
everyone is listed; for example, you can just use the order in which
riders registered if you so wish. Times should be in the format
or "minutes:seconds" or even just "seconds". Seconds can have
a decimal with fractional seconds, if you time to such accuracy.
Remember to use numbers fr riders and teams, and not names!
rider team time
18 9 27:04
11 8 27:37
31 13 29:18
36 16 29:44
54 0 31:17
70 5 31:55
26 2 32:31
29 12 32:35
45 0 32:40
- Send results to